Wednesday 5 October 2011

Broken legged and bored.

Hi guys, remember me?

I haven't blogged in almost 2 years so forgive me if I forget all blog etiquette.

Since my last post I have graduated with a 2:2 in society culture and media, started and failed a post graduate course in childcare, somehow gotten a job in a nursery without any childcare qualifications, and; most recently; broken my leg.

This has gotten me thinking, I'm used to running around after children all day, wearing ridiculous plastic aprons, being bossed around, and cleaning up bodily fluids. This is becomes almost impossible with only one leg and I miss it, more importantly I miss the conversations with the children, I miss the cuddles, I miss playing as a living, the other stuff I can take or leave.

As much as I love hanging out and doing whatever I want, it's hard not to think about the wonderful children I work with, especially when about 1/3 of the doctors I see are parents from the nursery.

But today I realised that I'm actually having quite a lot of fun, I can do all the things I did when I was at uni, I can trawl the internet and find charming little blogs to follow, I can take up a new hobby (knitting in case you were wondering) and much more besides.

So what if I need everyone to wait on me hand and foot? So what if I drop my pen on the floor and need to wait for someone to enter the room before doing any activities that may require a pen? So what if I have become addicted to the exploits of the Kardashian family? Instead of focussing on the negative I'm going to enjoy all that life has to offer me and make the most of it, because in a blink of an eye I'll be right back on it, cleaning up all those bodily fluids all over again.

In order to keep positive I thought I'd blog, to tell you all about my fabulous adventures, I'll also keep you up to date with the not so fabulous adventures if you like. Now I'm off to do some knitting and listen to my 1st and 3rd favourite McElroy talk about America's dirty little secret in Losing The Sheen it's well worth a listen.

Thank you and good Taffmen.

1 comment:

  1. Your such a positive person Micha, an inspiration. I wish I was a glass full person. You just make the most of whatever is thrown your way. Love you x

    ReplyDelete